Had a very interesting series of talks yesterday. *Might* move to Florida. Providing there are jobs there, of course.
Also, had a conversation with ex-J that went something like this:
Him: Can you take the Girlie a couple of days early? I have a surgery on Monday the 20th.
Me (thinking he’s talking teeth surgery) : Oh, for your teeth and the mercury stuff, right?
Him: No, I’m getting that done on the 14th
Me (def puzzled now): Then what kind of surgery?
Him: hem haw hem haw
Me (now terribly curious) : What kind of surgery are we interrupting my date for, dear?
Him: *mumble mumble*
Me: A little louder, please. I’m deaf in that ear.
Him: Vasectomy reversal. **
Me: *stunned/shocked silence*
I mean, what could I say to that? “OH MY GAWD, what a bad, bad, bad idea for you and $NEWGF to start a family right now, you incredibly immature person!”
But, I held back. His and her decision. Not mine. But damn if I didn’t giggle like a fiend when I hung up the phone. I am slightly ashamed to say that my first thought was “Oh, good – he’ll have a baby with $NEWGF then. He won’t mind my moving to Florida with the Girl so much, then.” ***
Mr. Man is stuck in Florida for the next year *at least* – probably closer to two or three – and as he is now in debt due to living on his credit card for the past several months, he will be working as much as possible. For the foreseeable future (aka known as until November at the earliest) this is the last weekend**** he will be able to come up here to visit. Plus, with my own current money woes, I am not able to travel there to see him. In short, this is the last weekend I will get to see him for a good long while.
I can’t move out right now, unfortunately. The break lease is more than I can pull together. Oh, ever. Its marginally cheaper for me to stay put where I am right now. A roommate would be a goodness but with my pickiness re: the Girl, I am not sure that I could find one that I consider reasonable. If I do find one, I don’t mind moving her into my room – the apt people can take a leap if they have issues with it – and letting roomie person have the child’s room. It’s not like there’s gonna be anything going on in there aside from sleeping right now, anyway 😦
*shakes head* if all this had gone down a few months ago – the nasty apartment stuff, the 2 year contract being rammed down his throat – I’d probably be moving out there right now. But the Girl is registered at $Elementary-School, she is excited about going back to school there, and I am not going to move her mid-school year.
Unless something drastically changes, I’m here until May of next year, at the very least.
** – not to mention is that this is NEVER covered by insurance. So they’re paying for it out of pocket.
*** – *eye roll* Yeah, I know. But it *DID* go through my head.
**** – – yes, the weekend that she is coming home early.