I spent a lot of today sedated, in bed. Gave me some time to think. Know what you think about when you are recovering from conscious sedation? Your life. 🙂
It doesn’t make this a very profound post, I am afraid. But it is what was on my mind.
These are the things I want to do, to accomplish. Not just to cross them off some damn list but to do them. Note that these things are for me; they have no bearing on my being a mother, wife or student. Whether or not I actually ever accomplish them? Doesn’t matter.
Never hurts to work toward something, does it though?
- Travel – possibly live – outside the continental US
- Live as a functional adult1 in a state other than Texas
- Go to live music shows of the bands that I enjoy
- Take Zumba/Zoomba/ZoomZoom(?) classes with a pod of friends
- Publish a fiction novella. Maybe more
- Meet President Obama, live and in person
- Spin under a night sky in the center of Stonehenge
- Party like a Jimmy Buffet for a week; starting in Nawlins and winding up in Cuba
- Build the perfect garden and pool setup, with the ultimate deck to go with it
- Grow my own veggies, enough that I don’t ever have to buy anything unless it’s something unique
- Build the intentional community – everyone has their own house but its all within reasonable walking distance. Tribal raising of the kids, grands. Community defense, garden plots, and pool.
That’s all that I can think of right this moment. It’s late and my brain is exceedingly tired.
But I want to know…what is YOUR list? The ones that are important to you?
1 – I am not counting the years I lived with Greg$. I was not functional.
4 thoughts on “Bucket Castles”
Come live in Colorado. We want to build an intentional community too.
Colorado is definitely on the short list of places to move. I plan on visiting it someday to see if it and I have a groovy vibe together.
I had an odd moment reading your blog, when I clicked on “not functional” I remembered, it is not part of my daily thinking any more. It seems a life time has passed since I was a battered wife. So used to being in a good and happy relationship, the past hardly occurs to me. (does that make any sense)
If you ever get around to the party like Jimmy Buffet thing, stop off in Georgia and pick me up first!