I spent a lot of today sedated, in bed. Gave me some time to think. Know what you think about when you are recovering from conscious sedation? Your life. 🙂
It doesn’t make this a very profound post, I am afraid. But it is what was on my mind.
These are the things I want to do, to accomplish. Not just to cross them off some damn list but to do them. Note that these things are for me; they have no bearing on my being a mother, wife or student. Whether or not I actually ever accomplish them? Doesn’t matter.
Never hurts to work toward something, does it though?
- Travel – possibly live – outside the continental US
- Live as a functional adult1 in a state other than Texas
- Go to live music shows of the bands that I enjoy
- Take Zumba/Zoomba/ZoomZoom(?) classes with a pod of friends
- Publish a fiction novella. Maybe more
- Meet President Obama, live and in person
- Spin under a night sky in the center of Stonehenge
- Party like a Jimmy Buffet for a week; starting in Nawlins and winding up in Cuba
- Build the perfect garden and pool setup, with the ultimate deck to go with it
- Grow my own veggies, enough that I don’t ever have to buy anything unless it’s something unique
- Build the intentional community – everyone has their own house but its all within reasonable walking distance. Tribal raising of the kids, grands. Community defense, garden plots, and pool.
That’s all that I can think of right this moment. It’s late and my brain is exceedingly tired.
But I want to know…what is YOUR list? The ones that are important to you?
1 – I am not counting the years I lived with Greg$. I was not functional.